Even, though cloud computing is not a new technology but the concept of cloud computing has become popular and close to the world of information technology.
Cloud computing has been widely applied across the world in many different fields by providing computer resources, "unlimited". However, the cloud computing applications still exist certain barriers depends on many factors, or in different development environments.
The self-concept the concept of cloud computing has manifested as an individual element: The computer service is provided through the Internet, based on demand from a remote location over, the request may go from desktop, laptop or mobile device by someone or even on the servers of an organization.
The basic idea of cloud computing is computing (computing) will come up independently of the place (location) and the device (device), this means that the information is stored where it doesn't matter which also don't mind calculating/processing is done. This allows computing tasks and information is available at anytime, anywhere from any device whatsoever as long as there is Internet access. The concept of "the cloud" (cloud) that are similar to both the Organization and individual, the computational will rise is viewed as endless, unlimited because the calculation made based on requirement, additional forms such as network bandwidth, storage, and computing capacity can be added as needed. Users simply use and pay more or less the cost of energy use according to your needs.
So, why the cloud is used so commonly used?
The basic characteristics of cloud computing
Self service-on-demand: the customer may unilaterally set up resources to respond to requests such as time use of servers, storage capacity as well as the ability to dynamically interact when required without the need for human interaction with the service provider.
Access anytime anywhere: support the ability to access through computer networks and standard equipment that does not require a high profile platform (such as mobile phones, laptops, PDA, ...).
- Share resources, independent of geographic location: the computer resources of the service providers are held to cater to all customers through the model "multi-tenant" (many people rent), with this model the physical resources and different virtualization resources are allocated and recovered automatically according to the customer's needs. The customer does not control and do not know the exact location of the resources provided but may indicate the position (as a country, province; the data center). Examples of resources include the ability to store, process, memory, network bandwidth, virtual machines).
- Scalable quick: this ability of cloud computing may allow quick and easy supply construction to expand or shrink the system quickly at the request of the customer. When demand increases, the system will automatically extend by adding resources. When demand decreases, the system will automatically reduce the resources.
- Costs charged according to needs of use: scalable help for vendors to use resources effectively, take full advantage of the excess resources to serve clients. With regard to the use of the service, the ability to scale to help reduce costs by the users pay only for the resources actually used.
- Measurement services: automatic system to control and optimize the use of resources by using the ability to measure on some abstract level in accordance with the different service types (e.g., storage space, processing capacity, bandwidth and activate your user account). The use of resources can be controlled, monitored, the report provides information transparency of the use of the service for both the supplier and the customer.
In addition to the above basic characteristics, the expert on the cloud did put out 8 basic elements in the cloud computing environment is vital to the cloud not only survive but also grow:
The benefits of cloud computing
- Universal Internet connectivity (Universal connectivity): the user must be able to access the Internet anytime, anywhere.
- Open Internet access (Open access): people have access to the Internet are the same, regardless.
- Reliability (Reliability): computing must have the functions at the level equal to or better than the existing independent systems.
- Safe (Security): the user's data to be protected.
- Privacy (Privacy): individual rights of users with respect to their data must be clearly defined and protected.
- Economic value (economic value): computing must be provided with more affordable and beneficial.
- Sustainability (sustainability): computing must increase efficiency energy use and reduce the impact to the ecosystem.
Scalability and rapid deployment (providing timely calculation capacity and infrastructure).
Growth of cloud computing
- Reduce the time to maintain and upgrade.
- Improve resource optimization-elasticity, flexibility, effectiveness.
- Improve the scale economy.
- Improve the capacity to collaborate.
- The ability to participate in the construction price based on computer use, make the calculation out costs more flexible.
- Reduce the IT infrastructure needs, including the cost of the initial investment and support costs.
- Infrastructure capacity and capability computing on demand.
- Green, friendly environment.
- Improved disaster recovery capabilities.
Due to the impact of the recession and economic crisis, budget and credit for the great project of information technologies were cut significantly. However, only realm of information technology in growth is still outsourcing and information technology services. Moreover, when new participants, many of them associated with cloud computing services, penetrate into the market so price outsources information technology capable of reducing the next year by the competition between large companies-competitors and emerging companies.
IDC estimated that about 10% of about 64 billion dollars to spend on the applications of the business around the world in 2008 was spent on cloud computing applications. Many analysts, including Gartner, said that the growth of cloud computing projects in excess of 20% or more in the years to come. Analysts estimate that the global market for cloud computing services reached about 42 billion dollars in 2012 and the growth in the coming years could reach high levels. Gartner noticed the cloud computing market is a large market and predict the market for cloud computing services today has far surpassed the level of 42 billion dollars and will grow exceeding 150 billion dollars next year.