Server virtualization technology is being applied to many businesses for server systems.
The server virtualization helps businesses save costs for the need to use the virtual server to run the specialized software or a separate server that is not a virtual server. To effectively use this technology, enterprises should grasp the advantages, disadvantages of server virtualization.
I. ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SERVER VIRTUALIZATION.
The advantages of server virtualization
- Server virtualization helps the server's resources are utilized by the available resources are shared for the virtual server.
- Server virtualization allows leveraging all available resources on the physical server, reduce the number of physical servers required.
- Virtual servers operate independently, without the disputed resources and ensure a safe, secure.
- The applications on that virtual server can easily move to another home sewing, when a virtual server stops functioning will avoid downtime period of application.
- Server virtualization helps businesses save costs by not having to invest redundant physical servers for applications.
- Server virtualization is especially useful for running experiments or demo programs.
Disadvantages of server virtualization technology
- Provides resources for each virtual server should calculate carefully. If the resource is less than the level of resources required by the application, then the application is not running or poor performance.
- The physical server must have 64-bit processors. But not any application can also work on 64-bit processor
- With small businesses, the cost of virtualization software, application management and professional management of server virtualization technology is still limited.
- Server virtualization software may not be compatible with the available network configuration of your business.
The awareness of the advantages, disadvantages of server virtualization technology helps this technology application business efficiency, there is a solution to limited the downside as well as take advantage of the maximum the advantage that virtualization technology delivers.
II. THREE TIPS ON THE BEST VIRTUALIZATION FOR SMALL BUSINESS.
Virtualization is becoming a popular concept in the past few years. From an experimental technology, it has become one of the dominant components in it industry. According to reports of the State of IT in 2016 Spiceworks, over 76% of the organizations were using virtualization. Furthermore, the x 86 Server Virtualization has increased 5.7% (about 5.6 billion u.s. dollars) in the year 2016 compared to the year before, according to Gartner Inc.
This strong growth of virtualization is due to the many benefits that this technology brings. From the input costs fell faster than for backup and recovery, better business operations, IT operations more efficient. Virtualization is especially beneficial for small businesses, so can significantly reduce costs for physical hardware and maintenance costs.
However, for successful virtualization, you need to consider a lot of factors. The institutions are not able to host software or hardware being discontinued to make virtualization whether in just 1 day. This is because it is the heart, the soul of business and they can affect the operations of the business. Therefore, enterprises need the management tools or the virtualization service provider can help them complete process and reduce costs.
If you are the owner of a small business and want to make virtualization, then 3 virtualization tips below will be useful for you:
1. Virtualization has calculated
Instead of whole system virtualization servers, desktop computers, and other hardware types, small business owners should first determine the business objectives that the virtualization will help them achieve. Checking the IT infrastructure is needed to help businesses decide the level of virtualization needs to be done. The computing infrastructure also involves understanding virtualization should be made as to how to set and calculate. It is best to start small with application virtualization because they easily handle if things don't match and move on to other important projects.
Similarly, the calculation should be done for all the required hardware virtualization. Scalability is the greatest strengths of the virtual environment, so you can easily be convinced when can easily have virtual infinite resources. But this can lead to the overload of the physical part and make the management becomes very complicated. So, you need to understand your needs before embarking on virtualization.
2. Backup must be your top priority
Backup data is very important for both physical and virtual systems. You can back up entire virtual machine or data in it. Backup data very easy and allow quick recovery compared to backing up the whole system. However, we now also have a lot of media that allows virtual machine backups quickly and automatically.
The virtual system backup can be done in the following ways:
- Manually: copy the backup files to be stored in a virtual machine manually.
- Virtual machine replication provides a description for the file and saves them to a place dedicated to the backup.
- Automatic backup: this can be done by editing the General settings in the virtual machine.
- Use the software of a third party: the virtual machine or data backup must be done regularly to ensure that important data and information can easily be recovered even in the event of a disaster. The use of the software to third party backup helps businesses can actively back up automatically in a safe place.
3. Understand the limitations of virtualization
Before virtualization all your old physics system and deploy a number of virtual servers in the infrastructure of information technology, you have to understand the limitations of virtualization. Although the limitations of virtualization are very little compared to the benefits that it brings, you still need to have a look at the overview of virtualization before you apply to your business.
The main limitation related to server virtualization. This is because virtualization divides processing power, so if large databases are stored on the virtual server are related to the transaction processing process, all the other process can be slowed. So, the effect can go down. Moreover, if the physical server having problems due to some reason, the system of related virtualization will become unavailable. This problem can be solved when you use two physical servers (with the same configuration) and store the focus for all virtualization components when the system has trouble, the other system may still maintain your operations as normal. However, the investment is very expensive and may not be feasible for small businesses. But don't worry, this problem is very easy to handle when you go rental service.
Finally, set up and manage a virtualized environment is not as easy as you thought. You need to have a team of skilled IT personnel to take care of the virtualization system. If your organization is not yet ready, think more about the build system and consider going to hire. There are many services that help you: Administrative Services Managed Service, or rent virtual server Cloud Server ...
Virtualization is becoming a trend, IT's important in the near future so that the small and medium enterprises should take advantage of this technology to save on personnel and costs, and improve operational efficiency. The transition to the virtual environment can bring many benefits to the enterprise, but you need to know about the best approach to get the best benefit.